Thursday AM News Briefs from Eretz Yisrael
· Ichud Hatzalah: A Jerusalem municipal gardener is in moderate condition after being struck in his head with a branch from a tree he was pruning.
· The IDF is fortifying its ground, artillery and aerial forces along the border to Syria, particularly in the Har Dov area.
· Another state compelled expulsion of homes in Migron is in the planning.
· Authorities recovered a M-16 assault rifle in the home of an Anata resident. The 44-year-old resident was arrested.
· The smell of ...
Wednesday AM News Briefs from Eretz Yisrael
· Officials at Rambam Medical Center report there is no change in the condition of the soldiers wounded in the northern border bomb attack on Tuesday.
· The IDF deploys armored vehicles in the Har Dov area to fortify the presence along the border with Syria.
· IDF soldiers taking part in counter-terrorism operations throughout Yehuda and Shomron arrested nine suspects during the night.
· IDF training exercise taking place today north of the Kinneret.
· An 18-year-old male was ...
Tuesday Afternoon/Evening News Briefs from Israel
· Sirens sounded in the Ashkelon Coast Regional Council. Officials reported it was a false alarm. There were sirens on Shushan Purim in the Eshkol Regional Council, also reportedly a false alarm.
· Beit El residents protested on Tuesday afternoon outside Shai (Shomron-Yehuda Police HQ expressing concerns of a deteriorating security situation in the area of their community amid shooting and firebomb attacks from nearby Jalazoun.
· An additional 8,000 Israelis have joined the ranks of ...
Tuesday AM News Briefs from Eretz Yisrael
· A 26-year-old terrorist released in the Shalit deal was apprehended with a knife at the Kalandia Checkpoint. He admitted he was planning a stabbing attack. Prior to release in Shalit deal he was imprisoned for shooting into a yishuv.
· PA media reports gunfire was directed at the Ramallah home of senior official Jibril Rajoub.
· A mother and her infant daughter were struck by a car on Pierre Koenig Street in the capital. They were transported to Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital with ...
Thief Who Targeted Egged Safes in Custody
Police on Tuesday 9 Adar II 5774 announced the apprehension of a suspect who allegedly broke into Egged safes in a number of cities, netting hundreds of thousands of shekels. Thefts in Egged facilities were reported in Ashdod, Rehovot, Rishon L’tzion, and Tel Aviv.
The thieves succeeded in breaking into safes in Egged offices. Police add the safes in question as heavy “industrial safes” that require an expertise to break into.
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)
Deri: Maran Was Correct! It's A House of Goyim
In an interview with Kikar Shabbos, Shas leader Aryeh Deri has harsh words for Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Bayit Yehudi leader Economy Minister Naftali Bennett. In the interview he spoke of the ongoing Knesset sessions to push through three bills, (1) Draft Bill, (2) Governance Bill and (3) Referendum Bill. The interview was conducted on Monday, 8 Adar II, the day before the Beit Shemesh Election.
Following are a number of excerpts from the interview:
Regarding the decision by ...
Litzman to PM Netanyahu: Recognize Israel as the Jewish State
MK (Yahadut Hatorah) Rabbi Yaakov Litzman took part in the opposition meeting in the Negev Room of Knesset on Monday, 8 Adar II 5774. He used the opportunity to send a message to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu as follows: “You are calling on PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen) to recognize Israel as the democratic Jewish state. I turn to you, Mr. Prime Minister. The time has come that you too recognize Israel as the Jewish democratic state. A Jewish state sends lomdei Torah to prison? A ...
Religious Persecution in the IDF
As efforts to draft chareidim into the IDF continue, commanders in the Golani Brigade were instructed to shave. They were told that failure to comply would be viewed as insubordination for failing to comply with a direct order. It was explained to them that this would lead to a judicial proceeding against them that would most likely result in a demotion. They soldiers complied and shaved their beards.
One of the soldiers involved was on base the Shabbos following the incident, calling that ...
Steinitz: Why Can't Agudas Yisrael & Shas Combine?
Despite the absence of the opposition, the Knesset debate regarding the Governance Bill was held on Monday, Adar II on schedule. The 52-member opposition held a session in the Negev Room, boycotting the plenum session.
During the coalition session Minister of Intelligence & Strategic Affairs (Likud) Dr. Yuval Steinitz expressed support for the bill, which he feels is an important step for democracy. He feels increasing the minimum threshold for entering Knesset to four seats is ...
Sunday Morning News Briefs from Eretz Yisrael
· Four firebombs hurled at a bus on the Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway. B’chasdei Hashem there were no fatalities or injuries.
· Deputy IDF Chief of Staff Eizenkott was hospitalized over Shabbos after complaining of “not feeling well”. He was released on motzei Shabbos with a clean bill of head.
· Two seriously wounded Syrians were admitted to the Government Hospital in Nahariya.
· Ichud Hatzalah: A 4-month-old fell from a height in her Sderot home. She was transported in ...
Thursday Morning News Briefs from Eretz Yisrael
· Communications Minister Gilad Erdan announced the long disputed television tax will be eliminated on March 31, 2015. This is dependent on t he Knesset passing his bill seeking to eliminate the Israel Broadcast Authority and replace it with a new entity.
· Jonathan Pollard has been hospitalized.
· Hadassah Hospital announces 4-year-old Feige Rosenstruk z”l, from the Shmuel HaNavi neighborhood of Yerushalayim that drowned in the bathtub a number of days ago has died.
· Ichud ...
Netanyahu To AIPAC: BDS Movement “Will Fail”
The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel will fail, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday.
“The BDS boycott movement is not going to stop that, any more than the Arab movement could stop Israel from becoming a global technological power,” Netanyahu told the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) policy conference. “They are going to fail.”
Beyond our traditional trading partners, countries throughout Asia, Africa, Latin America, where ...
Tuesday AM News Briefs from Eretz Yisrael
· A bomb was hurled at Kever Rochel. No injuries were reported.
· Visible presence of security & military vehicles will be seen in Ashdod during the day due to a training exercise.
· Shula Zaken has signed an agreement to become a state witness.
· The difficult haze throughout Israel over the past 48 hours is expected to dissipate today. Person with chronic respiratory illness are recommended to continue remaining indoors when possible until the condition breaks
· The ...
Police Investigating Gan Tikvah Hate Graffiti
Israel Police reported on Thursday 27 Adar II that is was called to Gan Tikvah area of Tel Aviv/Jaffa to investigate hate graffiti on an electric box in a public area.
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem/Photo: Israel Police Spokesman)
Arab League Maximizing the Temple Mount Card
In light of the special plenum session in Knesset to discuss Israeli sovereignty on Har Habayis, the Arab League held an emergency session. Arab League members are warning Israel that such actions will lead to a total collapse of peace-making efforts with the PA (Palestinian Authority), as well as possibly launching an international holy war involving the Global Islamic community.
These sentiments were echoed by Israeli Arab lawmakers, who decided to boycott the session, warning Israel it is ...
Wednesday AM News Briefs from Eretz Yisrael
· B’chasdei Hashem a Gazan armed with a knife was apprehended after he crossed into southern Israel in the Sufah Crossing area early this morning.
· Hizbullah reporting 4 Hizbullah fighters were killed in an IAF attack.
· The natural gas line in el-Arish (Egypt) was blown up again, PA Maan agency reports. It is unclear if this line delivers gas to Israel.
· Dozens of Jerusalemites protested at Cinema City, demanding the new mall entertainment site remain open on Shabbos.
· A ...
Monday Morning News Briefs from Eretz Yisrael
· A rocket attack was reported in the Ashkelon Coast Regional Council during the night. B’chasdei Hashem no fatalities, injuries or property damage.
· Workers sanctions prevent ships from docking and unloading in the Port of Haifa.
· IDF soldiers taking part in counter-terrorism operations throughout Yehuda and Shomron arrested 12 suspects during the night.
· Two prison guards who were shot by an inmate in Rimonim Prison yesterday remain in critical condition.
(YWN – Israel ...